The Dutchess County External Advisory Group will host its first public meeting on Thursday, November 6th at 6:30 p.m. at Dutchess Community College in Bowne Hall, Room 122. The External Advisory Group (EAG) was formed to serve as a citizen advisory group to provide feedback through the development of the Dutchess County Justice & Transition Center and share updates with the broad community. The EAG meeting is open to the public.
The November 6th meeting agenda will include:
· Introduction from Dutchess County Executive Marc Molinaro
· Update on public outreach and communication tools for the EAG
· Update on the installation of the temporary housing units at the current Dutchess County Jail site.
· Discussion of the DCJTC Project Team
· Update from the Special Populations Workgroup, which is working directly with Alternative Solutions, Inc. to determine the best ways to address the needs of Dutchess County’s special inmates populations (including women, juveniles and those with mental health and/or substance abuse issues) in both the temporary housing units and in the design of the new DCJTC facility.
· Group discussion, including sharing feedback from the community.